Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Self-acceptance.

Me and my friends...*sucks teeth*

I have this friend, and I love him so much. He's one of my most dearest, closest friends and seems to have a lot of drama lately. His main issue at the moment is that he seems to think he needs to "find himself". Now, I believe otherwise. The way I see it is that he has a lot of built up stress and insecurities about his himself due to the relationship he just got out of. So, here is my letter to him in response to him "finding himself":

Puta,

*slaps*

It's not that deep! I get that you say that you are finding yourself and searching for what makes you happy, but with your odd focus you've failed to realize its right in front of your face. There's nothing for you to find besides happiness. What you need to do is accept how things are now, and move on. Also, accept yourself for who you are, and not try and conform to what others want you to be. You are the fashiony, clueless (your blond moments), fun, horrible singing, opinionated guy that you've always been. SO do yourself a favor and accept the fact that you are who you are. Those that don't like you for who you are need to be pushed aside, and given the least amount of attention possible.

I love you, dearly and cannot stand to watch you be so down and out. Its come to the point where you are pushing your friends away once again in order to search for some sort of happiness, only leaving yourself left alone with the same issues. Just realize this time around that there are actually people out there willing to help you. But that is only if you are willing to open up. The first step, though is to accept yourself. Don't ever feel that you need to change a thing. Ever.

Now...let's go get lunch!

He'll never read this. And even if he did I know he'd find a way to turn it into a negative. But I still love him. That's my boy.

No comments: