Thursday, January 13, 2011

.sdrowkcaB

I thought I had made the best decision possible by leaving a place I was very familiar with and hoping to further myself. Apparently, I was wrong not exactly aware of what I was walking into. I had accepted a position with a company and within days I was left unemployed because I didn't seem like I "wanted" to be there. I must admit, I was extremely intimidated and it got the best of me. From there I had to make a QUICK move, otherwise I would have been left in a very bad situation. So I went back to Bath & Body Works asking for my position hoping I could get through to the team...telling them what happened and why I left the company in the first place. Let's take a look back real quick...

Between September 2005 and February 2009 I worked at BBW and held part-time positions with other companies. One position was a full-time position which is when I was finally offered a management position with BBW. I had to decline solely for the reason of getting benefits with my full-time. In the end, I left that company months later due to the drama that went on in the store. The DM hated everyone and wanted us all out. Between leaving BBW for another job due to lack of hours and wanting a position that I kept getting overlooked for, I was left in a position where I found myself moving backwards. Like many retail companies, we've had managers shift throughout the district and you're left in a state of being...pissed, to say the least. You find yourself constantly trying to prove yourself to new people every couple of months to only get overlooked because some whore you work with is an ass kisser. To each their own, but I'm not crawling up anyone's ass to prove anything to anyone. I know what I am capable of. And to say to my face regardless of how long you've worked with me...to say that you "had no idea" that I wanted to move up is a bunch of rubbish. I find it to be a cop out. Its all I talk about.

After a conversation I had yesterday with our temp SM, Kelli, I feel hopeful that I will be looked at for a position when it opens up. And I also told her if she kows of anything open in the city (with hours) where I can be trained and seasoned correctly to give me a call. I would be more than pleased to work out in the city again. It was an amazing time my year and a half out there. I just hope that some positive changes come soon. I wish I could just throw my ass back into school and get started with a career. I'm beyond over running aroung like a chicken with my head cut off from one store to the next.

No comments: