Saturday, June 17, 2017

TH.

Dear Tonya

We didn't know each other; we only knew of one another. We met in January of 1986 when you gave birth to me. Our relationship ended abruptly 3 months later when you were told, and realized that you weren't fit to raise a child. Although it may seem unfair to some, I find it to be a blessing. I had a great upbringing, filled with love, family, amazing memories and experiences that I may not have had otherwise. I am truly grateful for the life and second chance I was given. 

I don't want you to feel like I'm coming down on you. It is to be understood that it is hard for one to kick bad habits. Drugs are a true killer, and that mixed with poor judgment and surroundings (i.e. the people around you) can be detrimental to ones possible chance at success. Unfortunately, you weren't able to change your ways; however, I'm hoping that you are able to live the life you weren't able to live when you were here. I pray that your pain and your hurt has diminished. I pray that you are being comforted by your mother and grandmother. I pray that you make better choices in heaven. I pray that you are okay. 

Regardless of our lack of communication and overall relationship with one another, I'd like to thank you for giving me life. Also, thank you for allowing someone else, your mother for raising me as her own. I will never have an ounce of hate in my heart towards you. There will always be unanswered questions; that's quite unsettling for me to swallow. There will even be "what if"...; I'll have to get over that. At least I'll always know that you're okay now.

Thank you...and may you rest peacefully.

No comments: